Getting back to the salon safely: an update on reopening salons during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Some of our salon doors are now open. From 29th June, the government started partially lifting restrictions for salons in Ireland, allowing hair and beauty salons to begin reopening.
So, what’s new? Well, you’ll probably notice a few changes inside the salon as we adjust, collectively, to the ‘new normal’. This could include changes to opening times, additional hygiene practices, social distancing measures with a limit on the number of people allowed in the salon at once. This will help to keep you and our salon partners safe, and we will continue to respond to government advice as it is provided.
Given these changes, booking treatments online is a good way to make sure you get an appointment. And, as ‘the salon’ is definitely top of a lot of to-do lists, we’re now taking bookings in advance – up to three months ahead, in fact. Why not book now?
Since good news travels fast, a number of appointments are already full, so we suggest booking ASAP.
Should you need to reschedule an appointment (if, for example, the treatment you booked is not currently available under government restrictions), you can reschedule easily on Treatwell too.
We continue to work closely with our salon partners to share advice and guidance on health, safety and wellbeing. Here's how you can help:
1. Salons adhering to social distancing measures may limit the number of clients allowed inside the salon at once, or prevent clients turning up for walk-in appointments. Make sure to book ahead to guarantee an appointment.
2. Wash and sanitise your hands often to prevent the spread of bacteria. Try to do this prior to arriving at the salon and once you're inside (if possible). Don't forget that 20-second washing rule for properly clean hands.
3. If you're feeling unwell, have been ill recently, or have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19, please do not attend any appointments. Don't worry, rescheduling is easy (even if you've pre-paid). You'll find a link to reschedule in your booking confirmation email or in 'My Bookings' on the app.
4. Though reuniting with your stylist will be glorious, avoid hugging, shaking hands or any physical contact that's not necessary inside the salon. This, again, adheres to social distancing measures and prevents the potential spread of germs.
7. We'd suggest taking a drink with you to your appointment (like a bottle of water or a coffee from somewhere nearby), to avoid using the salon's cups.
5. Pay for your treatment in advance (when booking), so that you and your stylist will not have to handle cash in the salon. Contactless card payments are another way to minimise, well, contact.
8. If you've been advised to wear a mask then please do so. You may notice our salon partners wearing masks more frequently for their own protection and yours.
6. Salon partners may decide to leave their entrance doors open to avoid clients touching the handle (and spreading bacteria to other areas). If it's open when you arrive, just ask a team member if they'd like to keep it open.
Last updated 29/06/2020