An update on current restrictions and safety measures for salons and spas during the coronavirus outbreak
Our salon doors will be opening from 1st December. The government has lifted restrictions for salons in Ireland, allowing hair and beauty salons to begin reopening from this date.
So, what’s new? Well, you’ll probably notice a few changes inside the salon as we adjust, collectively, to the ‘new normal’. This could include changes to opening times, additional hygiene practices, social distancing measures with a limit on the number of people allowed in the salon at once. This will help to keep you and our salon partners safe, and we will continue to respond to government advice as it is provided.
Given these changes, booking treatments online is a good way to make sure you get an appointment. So you can book your appointment right now.
Since good news travels fast, calendars are already beginning to fill up, so, if you want to be back in the salon sooner rather than later, we suggest booking ASAP.
Appointments are easy to manage through our app, making rescheduling easy if your plans change at short notice.
We continue to work closely with our salon partners to share advice and guidance on health, safety and wellbeing. Here's how you can help:
1. Salons adhering to social distancing measures may limit the number of clients allowed inside the salon at once, or prevent clients turning up for walk-in appointments. Make sure to book ahead to guarantee an appointment.
2. Wash and sanitise your hands often to prevent the spread of bacteria. Try to do this prior to arriving at the salon and once you're inside (if possible). Don't forget that 20-second washing rule for properly clean hands.
3. If you're feeling unwell, have been ill recently, or have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19, please do not attend any appointments. Don't worry, rescheduling is easy (even if you've pre-paid). You'll find a link to reschedule in your booking confirmation email or in 'My Bookings' on the app.
4. Though reuniting with your stylist will be glorious, avoid hugging, shaking hands or any physical contact that's not necessary inside the salon. This, again, adheres to social distancing measures and prevents the potential spread of germs.
7. We'd suggest taking a drink with you to your appointment (like a bottle of water or a coffee from somewhere nearby), to avoid using the salon's cups.
5. Pay for your treatment in advance (when booking), so that you and your stylist will not have to handle cash in the salon. Contactless card payments are another way to minimise, well, contact.
8. If you've been advised to wear a mask then please do so. You may notice our salon partners wearing masks more frequently for their own protection and yours.
6. Salon partners may decide to leave their entrance doors open to avoid clients touching the handle (and spreading bacteria to other areas). If it's open when you arrive, just ask a team member if they'd like to keep it open.
Last updated 01/12/2020