Getting back to the salon: an update on reopening
The Taoiseach has announced that salons in Ireland can officially reopen from 10th May 2021.
If you had an appointment booked for during 1st May 2021 until 9th May 2021, this will automatically be cancelled. If your booking was pre-paid, it will be automatically refunded*.
What about my gift card or credit note that will expire between March 2021 and May 2021? Good news - we will extend those until the 30th of June 2021 to make sure you can book at your favorite salon. You can book appointments up to 90 days in advance so you’ve plenty of time to find a time that suits you. Click here to read more.
So, what will it look like inside the salon? Social distancing measures will still be in place, along with increased hygiene and safety measures and limits on the number of people allowed in the salon at once. You’ll need to make sure you’ve booked an appointment too, as walk-ins are prohibited right now. With that in mind, booking online is the best way to go (you can do that on Treatwell up to three months in advance, you know). Don’t wait around, though, calendars are already filling up.
We continue to work closely with our salon partners to share advice and guidance on health, safety and wellbeing. Here's how you can help:
1. Salons adhering to social distancing measures may limit the number of clients allowed inside the salon at once, or prevent clients turning up for walk-in appointments. Make sure to book ahead to guarantee an appointment.
2. Wash and sanitise your hands often to prevent the spread of bacteria. Try to do this prior to arriving at the salon and once you're inside (if possible). Don't forget that 20-second washing rule for properly clean hands.
3. If you're feeling unwell, have been ill recently, or have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19, please do not attend any appointments. Don't worry, rescheduling is easy (even if you've pre-paid). You'll find a link to reschedule in your booking confirmation email or in 'My Bookings' on the app.
4. Though reuniting with your stylist will be glorious, avoid hugging, shaking hands or any physical contact that's not necessary inside the salon. This, again, adheres to social distancing measures and prevents the potential spread of germs.
7. We'd suggest taking a drink with you to your appointment (like a bottle of water or a coffee from somewhere nearby), to avoid using the salon's cups.
5. Pay for your treatment in advance (when booking), so that you and your stylist will not have to handle cash in the salon. Contactless card payments are another way to minimise, well, contact.
8. If you've been advised to wear a mask then please do so. You may notice our salon partners wearing masks more frequently for their own protection and yours.
6. Salon partners may decide to leave their entrance doors open to avoid clients touching the handle (and spreading bacteria to other areas). If it's open when you arrive, just ask a team member if they'd like to keep it open.
Last updated 29/04/2021