Maintaining your appointments safely: current restrictions and safety measures for salons in Ireland during COVID-19
Following the annoucement by the Taoiseach, salons in Ireland will be closed between 31st December 2020 and 31st January 2021. The situation will be reviewed on 12th January 2021.
If you had an appointment booked for during 31st December 2020 until 31st January 2021, any appointments will automatically be cancelled and any pre-paid appointments will be refunded*.
We continue to work closely with our salon partners to share advice and guidance on health, safety and wellbeing. Here's how you can help:
1. Salons adhering to social distancing measures may limit the number of clients allowed inside the salon at once, or prevent clients turning up for walk-in appointments. Make sure to book ahead to guarantee an appointment.
2. Wash and sanitise your hands often to prevent the spread of bacteria. Try to do this prior to arriving at the salon and once you're inside (if possible). Don't forget that 20-second washing rule for properly clean hands.
3. If you're feeling unwell, have been ill recently, or have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19, please do not attend any appointments. Don't worry, rescheduling is easy (even if you've pre-paid). You'll find a link to reschedule in your booking confirmation email or in 'My Bookings' on the app.
4. Though reuniting with your stylist will be glorious, avoid hugging, shaking hands or any physical contact that's not necessary inside the salon. This, again, adheres to social distancing measures and prevents the potential spread of germs.
7. We'd suggest taking a drink with you to your appointment (like a bottle of water or a coffee from somewhere nearby), to avoid using the salon's cups.
5. Pay for your treatment in advance (when booking), so that you and your stylist will not have to handle cash in the salon. Contactless card payments are another way to minimise, well, contact.
8. If you've been advised to wear a mask then please do so. You may notice our salon partners wearing masks more frequently for their own protection and yours.
6. Salon partners may decide to leave their entrance doors open to avoid clients touching the handle (and spreading bacteria to other areas). If it's open when you arrive, just ask a team member if they'd like to keep it open.
Last updated 31/12/2020